CreativeEnt Mini – 29 Nov
We ran our free CreativeEnt Mini event on the afternoon of 29 Nov. We opened our doors of our cutting edge showcase space at our MediaCityUK campus to students, staff and friends on 29 November 2017 from 12 noon to 5.30pm. Building on last year’s incredible event, we presented #CreativeEnt Mini with interactive sessions aimed at creating new ideas, innovation and opportunity.
12.00 noon – 1.30pm – Employability Hub “Milkshake and Pizza”
12.00 noon – Welcome from SBS Head of School, David Spicer
The Egg Suite
12.00 noon – 5.30pm – Popup maker space – The Maker Space team in conjunction with SBS PUPRU (Popup Research Hub) present:
- Area 1: Raspberry Pi Area
- Area 2: Virtual and Augmented Reality Area
- Area 3: Creative Production Area
- Area 4: 3D Printing/Scanning Area
- Area 5: Marketing Area (Maker Space + Centre for Digital Business)
Digital Performance Lab
- 12.30pm – 1.00pm – SPRINT Digital & Sport (Alex Fenton, Rob Oldfield)
- 1.00pm – 1.45pm: Innovation Jam: Panel session featuring Naomi Timperley, Mike Brown, Steve Lowy, Dr.Maria Stukoff, Adam Mitcheson with Chair, Alex Fenton. Disrupting traditional business using new technologies.
- 1.45pm – 2.30pm: Innovation Jam: Practical workshop – materials provided and opportunity to create using our popup maker space
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm – Digital Careers
- 3.30pm – Break
- 3.45pm – 4.45pm – Tech Angels final pitches
- 5.00pm-5.30pm – Final awards and presentations for Tech Angels and Innovation Jam
You can take a look at the highlights video below or the videos of sessions from this years event.