12.00 – Welcome from SBS head of school Dave Spicer
12.00 – 1.00pm – Employability & placements (Milkshake and Pizza)
Digital Performance Lab
DPL Chair, Alex Fenton
12.30 – 1.00pm – SPRINT Digital & Sport (Imran Ahmed, Rob Oldfield)
1.00pm – 1.45 pm: Innovation Jam *: Panel session (Naomi Timperley , Michael Cropper , Steve Lowy, Dr.Maria Stukoff , Mike Brown (Engineering ICZ lead).
1.45pm – 2.30pm: Innovation Jam: Workshop
2.30pm – 3.30pm – Digital Careers
3.30 – Break
3.45 – 4.45 – Tech Angels final pitches
5-5.30 – Final awards and presentations for Tech Angels and Innovation Jam
Chair introduces the session asking the panel to introduce themselves (2 mins each) and then answering the question, How can we disrupt traditional business using new technologies? The brief for the workshop is to Create a concept that will disrupt a traditional business. Lego, Foil and other prototype materials provided on tables.
At 3.30, the workshop teams can interact with the popup maker space in the Egg Suite to create something for 4.45. Panelists can also interact with teams between 3.30 and 4.45.
The Egg Suite
12 – 5 – Popup maker space – The Maker Space team (Maria, Mike, Rachel) in conjunction with SBS PUPRU present 3D printing, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Lego Seriousplay, Laser Cutting and more.
1. Raspberry Pi Table
· Retro Game (with self-made pad on LED screen)
· Pi Questionnaire
· Several spare raspberry pi and kits to play with
2. VR/AR Table
· Facebook Spaces demo
· VR Cardboards – Digital Business Centre
· Octagon 4D+ cards
3. Creative Production Table – people can use the provided materials to illustrate their business ideas/thinking etc.
· Lego play set – Digital Business Centre
· Laser cutting with materials – Maker Space
4. 3D Printing/Scanning Table – People guess what the printers are printing at the beginning of the event, and can try 3D scanner to produce 3D model.
· 3D printer and 3D models – Maker Space
· 3D scanner